Wednesday, July 12, 2006

RockStar SuperNova.. now there were 14

Yeah, I'm taking a break from blogging, but not from watching TV (this week). So wraps up are still being "Tivo- blogged." This lets me fast forward through any of the chatter that I really don't care for. (and it cuts a 1 hour show down to about 30 minutes of viewing time).

RSSN Elimination show:

First, I'm glad that Toby got the replay. I liked his rendition of the Somebody Told Me. Liked it Tuesday, and still liked it tonight.

Jill: Bring Me To Life the energy was good.. I liked most of the performance, but she was off-key during the final phrases. She'll be safe tonight, but not here to the end.

Zayra: You Really Got Me. (Who do these kids know this song from? Is it really the Kinks version that was a hit when I was like in 8th grade? Who has covered it in the last 25 years?) A repeat of a song that got her voted to the bottom?? What was she thinking?? The performance was strange.. it looked like she decided to "give the band what they wanted" without really understanding WTF that was. The screaming, the weird gyrations (she looked spastic!!), it wasn't an authentic performance. Frankly, it stunk.

Chris: If You Can Only See. It wasn't the strongest performance, but it should be adequate to keep him around. I can understand the bloggers who call him "hot".. in a kind of Joe Cocker-esque way. But his voice is a bit thin and I don't see him sticking to end.

See? What do I know? They kept Zayra (who should kiss the feet... or whatever... of the band for letting her stay another week.)

Whatcha Doing Today? Getting the oil changed, filing a stack of paperwork, walking the dogs.

What's on TV Tonight? RockStar Supernova, Project Runway.

Steps? 11300