Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tale of the Scale 1/22/07

Less than two weeks after minor surgery, I'm back in regular shoes and back into the gym! Not a full-scale workout.. but I got 15 minutes on the elliptical (actually easier than normal walking and I got my heart rate up there!!) and began to reacquaint myself with some of the weight machines.

I can't shower until Wednesday, so I'm not planning on any long intense workouts until then. I have an hour scheduled with Guido for Thursday.

But the good news? Weight is stable through the inactivity at 151 pounds. And my mood still seems to be fairly up.

Plan for the week:

Let the healing continue. Do what I can without straining my foot.

Tuesday: 15 minutes on the elliptical, abs and back. Ice
Wednesday: 15 minutes on the elliptical. Try some of the stability moves. Ice.
Thursday: 15 minutes on the elliptical. Ice. Session with trainer. Ice.
Friday: 15 minutes on the elliptical.

Hey with this new start... I need new music workout music. I will take any and all suggestions that fall in this catagory:

Rock and Roll. Ideally great guitar riffs; complex musical arrangement; vocals that are not run through an electronic process to distort them; a strong beat. Ideally a beat that equals my 3 MPH walking stride. Oh.. I guess I should give you a hint there: Think Santana's Smooth, Bonnie Raitt's Let's Give 'Em Something To Talk About, (gasp)... Boogie Shoes. Well, the last really only has the right rhythm.

I would really love recommendations of songs...uhm... recorded in the 21st century. If I had kids, I'd be asking them... but since I don't. Ok.. another hint.. Snow Patrol sounds like they might work.. well some of the songs.

Help.