Saturday, February 17, 2007

Beautiful...

This weekend we have experiencing beautiful weather. (sorry for those in the midwest! I do remember those freezing, snowy winters, but I don't miss them!!). It's been dry, warm. calm, and sunny. So I've been enjoying the outside.

Two hours each day since Thursday has been spent in the garden. The bushes have gotten the pruning they didn't get last fall, and weeding has commenced. I'm feeling the calm that spending time outside gives me.

I'm also sitting on our deck swing and reading for an hour or so each afternoon.

Yeah. Life is beautiful.

While I'm working outside, I'm thinking. Thinking about the goals for this year.. and the possible changes. The BIG New Year's Commitment Thing: Live Pro-actively!

Laurie has a similar plan for this year:

Leave the house, leave the comfort zones, open up to meeting people, to being exposed, let go of the fear of rejection and ridicule (and if you can't let go of the fear, at least put it on a list of things to worry about later).

It's the old adage, "Suit up, show up, and act as if." I figured if it worked for people in 12-step groups it could work for me and my Eleventy Two Steps Needed self. Just put on the outfit that you would wear if you were actually as self-confident as you wished you were, then show up every day for the life you wish you were living, and act as if you were already comfortable in your own skin. The real thing will (hopefully) follow.

And I love reading how she's living it this year. Me? I'm giving it a go, too. I'm not as forthcoming about how I'm doing it, though... and I need to work on that, too.