Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tale of the Scale: 7/10

Weight is about 127-128# at my home scale. When I head into the gym, several hours later, it's up to 136#. Let's just say, it makes nobody happy. I'd love to see one of "weights and measures" tests done with the weight I see in the morning. Heck, I'd love to see myself lean up some more. My weight is good for frame but you can look at me and know that there is still fat to burn.

We are all confused.

I'm having a small set back at the moment. In June, for no good reason I can determine, my left thigh started tightening up when doing my cardio. And not relaxing even after stretching. I wore a neoprene sleeve for several days and it felt better; then we went on our cruise.

This last week or so it's beginning again. So I'm having to back down on the intensity of my cardio or risk not being able to continue with other exercises. It's not my blood chemistry; just got the test back, and that's fine. It's not that I'm stretching. It's not the machine; I'm using the elliptical is is really the gentlest on joints and muscles and such.

At this point, I'm beginning to think it's shoes. That my left shoe is allowing too much wiggle movement and throwing everything off. I can't do balance moves with them on; I seem completely unable to plant my weight down stably on my foot. It wobbles and rolls.

Maybe tomorrow I'll head to the mall (shudder) and see if there is a solution there.