Friday, August 17, 2007

Tale of the Scale: 8/17

Weight: maintaining at 125#.

This is the first week that I have been able to be back in the gym working for 4 days. Would it have mattered if I showed up for 5 instead? I seriously doubt it.

My body has stablized at this point, which might not be a bad thing except that there is still about 5# of fat that needs to be dealt with. And I'm not getting anywhere on that. So it's back to logging food and activity on my FitDay program, and seeing what's going on. What needs to change?

(excuse me.. it's been over 3 hours since I last ate, I'm going to grab me a small snack). I'm back with a cuppa hot coffee with soy milk and 1/2 of a GoLean Chocolate Almond Toffee bar. 170 calories. 21% fat, 59% carbs, 20% protein. almost the perfect balance.

This past week:

Sunday: First day back in the gym since getting sick. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill hill program at 75% of max program. Then I did a light circuit weight training. Must admit it felt so good to be back pushing weights. My muscles felt happy too!!

Monday: 30 minutes on the treadmill hill at 75% again. I still have a little bit of congestion in the chest and didn't want to push real crazy on the cardio stuff. Then a half hour of work away from the weights: bridge, plank, wall squats, walking lunges, crunches.

Tuesday: 20 minutes on the elliptical, then a workout with Guido. He's adding stability challenges to some of the strength moves to switch things up a bit. Ended with another 10 minutes on the elliptical.

Wednesday: Off. I had a full day of stuff happening and couldn't make it to the gym. I did walk the dogs up and down the hill for some exercise.

Thursday: Guido sick, worked alone. 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes of floor exercises and 30 minutes of weights. Nope. I did not let myself off easy just because.

Friday: a "rest" day. Took the dogs for a 3 mile walk in the park. Then took a nap. Which was the perfectly right way to interpret rest.

Saturday: A rest day. And I'm at BarCampBlock all day, so it will be a day of rest. Will try to walk the dogs in the evening when I get home.

Next week: More of the same.

, ,