Sunday, June 11, 2006

I've mentioned before that I'm building a small garden path. It's only 10' long and averages about 42" wide. Good thing. It's not going to be done very quickly.

I finally convinced Steve that I need pieces of lumber to build the boxes for this path. It took a couple requests, and finally a "I can't figure out how to work with the plastic edging crap you gave me to use... so come out and demonstrate to me how you interpreted what I told you my plans were and how this crap works in that plan!!" for him to understand that either HE was going to put this plastic edging crap in or he was going to get me the materials I needed. Lumber.

And, no. I can't get the wood myself. He stores it in braces against the garage ceiling.. and it's too high for me reach even from our ladder.

Now that I have some material to work with, I'm digging the path and "planting" a leg of each box... but only one/day. I've already got a couple blisters from this (and probably splinters), so I'm not taking any chances. When the frames are all dug in, I can do the final bit of digging out the path bed, line it weed block, and fill it with pea gravel. At this rate, it will be 2 weeks!!


Whatcha Doing Today? Heading to the Farmer's Market, working on the garden frame, cleaning the floors on the first floor.

Reading? Poisonwood Bible and The Creative Habit.

Steps:6600 so far.

What's For Dinner, Deb? Broiled chicken, swiss chard, tomatoes, broiled peaches.