Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Kickin'

First, a moment of garden...

I figured out today why my knee has been hurting lately. I was out working in the garden and it literally kicked me... well, in the knee.

I'm digging up and constructing a garden path. It's not big, averages about 42" wide and 10' long with a 1' drop from one edge to the other (along the 10' length). I need to dig the dirt there first level, then 3" or so below grade so I can put in weed block before I dump small gravel on the path.

Anyway, I was working there today. Put the shovel down against the dirt, and hit the kickplate with my right foot. Yeah.

I'm. kicking. rock. hard. clay. with. my. foot.

Transfer the force up to the knee and I know why I've been hobbling. So I'll take a break, then attack the dirt with pick instead. Oh joy... first I budge up the knee. now I'll screw up my shoulder!

Another thing: my normal summer cooking is pretty simple. I throw meat on the grill, make a salad and nuke/grill another veggie. Simple. And does it really matter what the grilled animal is?

Whatcha Doing Today?A whole buncha stuff: working on a quilt project, working on the garden.
Reading? Poisonwood Bible. just started, but so far, I'm not liking it.
Steps:Yesterday, 8620. Today: 7955 so far.
What's For Dinner, Deb? grilled animal, a salad and veggies.