Monday, December 04, 2006

Tale of the Scale: 12/4/06

Down half a pound, which is kind of frustrating. And I don't retake body measurements for another week or two so I'm not sure if I'm getting leaner and the muscle building is explaining the change. My body does love to hold onto it's weight.

Went to the gym this morning and spent a half hour on rowing machine. Oh my Gahd!! I got up and could not take a normal step. I minced my way back to the weight machines, praying that the muscles would loosen up a bit. Stretch. Stretch. and all was better.

But I am going to be sore tomorrow in places I forgot I had. However, if I get a wooden-soled sandal, I think I can use the rowing machine while I'm recovering from my surgery. All a good thing.

I noticed something this weekend while on the treadmill. Nearly everyone in the gym wears earbuds/headphones of some kind. Some plug into the tv audio channels while walking/pedalling. Others have their IPods or MP3 players going.

I am the only one, though, who enjoys the music enough to head-bop while I'm exercising. Everyone else? No clue what they're listening to. So why are they even listening?

The diet part of this is still a conundrum. Halfway through the day I was way way low on carbs and protein and going to be way to high on fat. I cannot figure out how to adjust this during the day without simple choosing to eat lots fruits. Then I'm still low on protein and there doesn't seem to be a way to get protein without any fat. I'm still trying to decipher this.

STEPS YESTERDAY?11389

CALORIES YESTERDAY? 1508
GOOD/BAD DECISION? Halfway through the day I was way way low on carbs and protein and going to be way to high on fat. I cannot figure out how to adjust this during the day without simple choosing to eat lots fruits. Then I'm still low on protein and there doesn't seem to be a way to get protein without any fat. I'm still trying to decipher this.

Whatcha Doing Today? Gym. Sewing on ArtShare pieces. Pickles tonight.