Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Housekeeping A-Z. For the Giggles...

I saw this on Lin's blog and as silly as it is, I HAD to do it. I mean, who would come up with a meme about housekeeping? It's just so June Cleaver!!


Read this over, and if you don't fall off your chair laughing, and end up concussed beyond the power of speech, feel free to share your own giggles. I even left the questions alone so you can copy them easily.

aprons - y/n?
baking - y/n?
clothesline - y/n?
donuts - ever made them?
everyday - one homemaking thing you do everyday?
freezer - do you have a separate deep freezer?
garbage disposal - y/n
handbook - y/n?
ironing - love it or hate it?
junk drawer - where is it?
kitchen - design and decorating?
love - what is your favorite part of homemaking?
mop - y/n?
nylons - wash them by hand or in the washer?
oven - do you use the window or open it to check?
pizza -
what do you put on yours?
quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
recipe card box
style of house

tablecloths and napkins - y/n?
under the kitchen sink

vacuum - how many times a week?
wash - how many loads do you do a week?
x’es - do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off?
yard - who does what?

zzz’s - what is your last homemaking task for the day?


aprons - y/n? NO. It's just one more thing to have to wash.

baking -y/n? While I enjoy baking, there are just two of us. Since they don't make recipes for baking for one, Nope, I don't do it. If I really need a little something, I'll go buy exactly one piece.

clothesline - y/n? Yes. The only good thing about living in a suburb is that I can have a clothesline.

donuts - ever made them? Tried them once (well, fry cakes). Major failure. Burned on the outside, raw on the inside. And again, you can't make one or two. I do buy 2 donuts to eat almost any time I need to get a fasting bloodtest.

everyday - one homemaking thing you do everyday? Everyday??? Is checking email homemaking?

freezer - do you have a separate deep freezer? No. I prefer to buy and use fresh and not have too much frozen.

garbage disposal - y/n? Yes and no. One came with our house, but I rarely use it. We compost kitchen scraps and you shouldn't put meat scraps down one.

handbook - y/n? WTF???

ironing - love it or hate it? Like it on my own terms. If you tell me "I need 5 shirts ironed", I will teach you how to do it. But sometimes ironing can be a zen-like act of moving meditation. Especially with a good iron. It's really hard to find a good iron though.

junk drawer - where is it? In the kitchen by the phone.

kitchen- design and decorating? Design? Kind of contemporary-cozy. Decorating? IT'S A KITCHEN!!

love- what is your favorite part of homemaking? There is a favorite part?? When I can afford it, it's having someone else do it.

mop y/n? No. I usually run my carpet cleaning machine over the tiles, but it's broke. Mopping just moves the dirt around. Until I get better solution, the floors stay dirty.

nylons- wash them by hand or in the washer? Wear them once then throw them out?

oven -do you use the window or open it to check? Open the door. You can't see through my window, and I wouldn't trust it.

pizza - what do you put on yours? light cheese and light tomato sauce, onions, black olives, sausage, yellow or red peppers but not green, mushrooms.

quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? GET?? I make them.

recipe card box y/n? NO. That would require me to care about keeping and using recipes. and I don't that much.

style of house? Currently: two story stucco colonial. Ideal: Urban condo.

tablecloths and napkins - y/n? No. Maybe paper towels.

under the kitchen sink : dishcleaning supplies??

vacuum: how many times a week? You've got to be kidding? First floor, probably once a week if I'm lucky.

wash - how many loads do you do a week? Five or six. It was 3 before I joined the gym, started sweating 5 days a week and creating a load or two of stinky laundry myself.

x’es - do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off? Yes. And I dance merrily around in high heels and shirt dress with 3 petticoats when my list is complete, the house smells like lemons, the windows shine, and you can eat sushi off my dog's beds.

yard - who does what? I take care of the veggie gardens and any bed that has more than simple "trim 'em up" bushes in them. I take care of checking and fixing the drip irrigation system. I mow and fertilize the lawn. HE: trims bushes and trees that he wants to, but not all. ?? Picks up dog poop. Mows the unseeded area under the deck where the dogs hang out.

zzz’s what is your last homemaking task for the day? Let the dogs out before we go to bed. Is that a home making task??