Saturday, April 21, 2007

Moons, New and Full

I regularly check out the predictions for the New and Full Moon at Lisa Miller's website: astrowisdom.com. I think I found the link from Julie. I am forever thankful.

There was a New Moon this past Tuesday (4/17). I just read about this (hey, I was buried in my workshop) and find the information quite interesting. Starting about 2 days before this moon and continuing still, I have this overwhelming sense of loss/mourning and find myself crying at the drop of a hat.

The description of this New Moon is part:

Because Aries is the youngest of the signs, this is the New Moon for fresh starts, turning over a new leaf or starting a new phase. Aries represents the inner child; that amazingly trusting, innocent soul that lives within each of us. Even in the worst of times, it is important to be aware of the ever-present humor that exists in the darkest moments of our lives. After all, the greatest comedy does arise from the deepest tragedies.

Maybe this sense of mourning is for past.. it's finally saying goodbye to habits, thoughts and beliefs that I've held on to that aren't working anymore. It's an end and a beginning.

Later, she writes:
If your life is in upheaval, this is the best time to set your intention and make change happen your way. The New Moon in Aries is the best time to create a ritual for figuring out exactly what you want; no matter how hard the solution, no matter the amount of despair and hopelessness. Renewal is a matter of changing our perspective to include the magical and imaginative realms of possibility; especially with Sun/Moon/Mercury in impulsive, quick-minded Aries, Uranus and Mars in imaginative Pisces, Venus in all possibilities Gemini, and Jupiter in generous and hopeful Sagittarius. These planetary placements will make it possible to dive back into a childlike world where if it can be thought, it can be made to happen.

Ok... Set my intentions and change my perspective. Hmm.. seems like this is the message I've been getting all year. Right??

Excuse me while I go imagine my future...