Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tale of the Scale: 10/28

I'm getting really tired of saying that there hasn't been any weight loss. There are lots of reasons (or are they excuses?)... but still, it's getting weary. I think I've lost 2 pounds since August! Still, I've had to go down a size in jeans, though I'd be happier to going down a little more through the torso and bust and keeping the jeans the same.

I know, you're asking if I'm sticking to the flexitarian diet I kind of adopted about a month ago. Truthful answer: not as religiously as I should. And, yes, that is part of it.

BUT...

Last week I was out and about living LIFE and didn't watch what I was eating as closely as I should have. Both in what I ate (there were these fabulously delish cupcakes at She's Geeky.. and wine!) and in the small but frequent meals. I also noticed too many times that I was a bit dehydrated. All things that will keep the scale stuck.

Also... last week I had a coming-and-going back ache which resulted in only hitting the gym 2 days instead of the normal four. Finally realized that the stability exercises I haven't been doing are exactly the ones that stopped this back ache last year. Today I returned to the gym and did them all in three strong sets. I'm feeling better already.

Plan for this week:

Monday: Cardio. Upper body workout.
Tuesday: Rest. Do stability exercises at home.
Wednesday: Cardio. Lower body/balance workout.
Thursday: Cardio. Heavy Weights Upper body workout.
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest

I'm home all week, so I should be able to get back on track with the food choices. (it's so much easier when there isn't temptation in front of me).

I also blog at: A Stitch In Time throughout the week and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.