Saturday, October 13, 2007

In Honor of An Anniversary...

I've been blogging about my workouts with my trainer for a year today. (Happy Anniversary, Guido! Guess who's giving me a free workout today to celebrate!)) This weekend I was pointed to two rather different blog posts about women and workingn out. Both are brilliant in very different ways:

Jon Gilson of a CrossFit Boston, wrote an Ode to Women that was reposted by Nicole Okumu at CrossFit Oakland:

Beauty


An excerpt:

Beautiful women are strong and powerful. They are athletes, capable of every feat under the sun. They have muscles, borne of hard work and sweat. They gauge their self-worth through accomplishments, not by the numbers on the bathroom scale. They understand that muscle weighs more than fat, and they love the fact that designer jeans don’t fit over their well-developed quads.

Go read the whole thing. If it doesn't make you want to be a beautiful woman nothing will.
(Yes, Guido thinks I'm beautiful...)

On a totally different track, Kristy Sammis (a fellow BlogHer Babe) wrote the most hysterical post about her first workout with a personal trainer. Sorry. No way in hell that I can excerpt this and do it justice.

One tip: make sure you pee first.. or, well, you'll be sorry...

Balls of Death.


n.b. You must be completely honest with your trainer to get the best results. Today was "heavy weights" day for my arms, and I admitted that I glad Guido would be working with me as I was a bit scared of doing it on my own. Being the good trainer, he then made me go it alone. It's what I want to accomplish during this 3 month period. I didn't argue; just went on and did my workout.

Let me tell ya, I kicked my own butt today. And it feels great (in an "I worked my arms to within a pound of completely failure and survived" kind of way.)

I also blog at: A Stitch In Time throughout the week and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.