Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Tale of the Scale: Dec. 5

This week Guido and I finally got a body fat analysis done. Yeah, I'm done with carrying for this month, but the numbers showed that I am not done forever. I've just gotten a vacation.

I've lost 30#. But I've only lost 22# of fat. And my body-fat composition is still at 34% which puts me on the borderline between healthy and unhealthy fat level. Damn, I'm frustrated. And completed confused.

I admit that I cannot figure out on my own how to change anymore. I placed responsibility for coming up with a plan squarely in Guido's lap. And I've given myself permission to consider consulting a nutritionist sometime after the first of year.

Yes, I look much better than I did a year ago. Yes, I've been successful. But, as my physician has pointed out to me: the fat that remains (it's all around my middle) is the fat that will kill me. And it's gotta go.

On a brighter note: I am getting to gym my 4 days a week, and working out for about 1.5 hours each time. So I've gotten the exercise part of this life change down pat. I wondered if I would continue this, if it IS a part of my life and will continue to be. While I have times that I think I could walk away from the gym and never miss it, those times are getting fewer and fewer.

I also blog at: A Stitch In Time throughout the week and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.