Friday, October 13, 2006

The Next Six Weeks

When I was in Illinois, I made myself a pledge. Well, I made when I stepped on a scale near the half-way point and found that I had gained 10 pounds. It was all the bread and white potatoes and lack of fresh veggies, I know.

Anyway, I pledged when I returned home I was going to find a personal trainer and get serious about strengthening my body, gaining flexibility, and losing some weight. I would love to say I could do this on this own, but history says otherwise. I've been down this road alone for years with no success. So it's trainer or accept my flabby, weak slightly over-weight self. But if 60 is the new 40, then I'm 36 and my body ain't.

Anyway. While I was recovering the trip, I caught an ad on TV for a Six week program at 24 Hour Fitness. Six weeks with abbreviated trainer sessions and some diet counselling. I signed up. Do I expect to lose the 15# they promise in six weeks? No. Just being realistic. I want to lose a total of about 25#.. and it just seem unlikely that all of that could done in ...what?.. 8-10 weeks?

Anyway, I've started by trying to work on their one diet recommendation: eat about 300 calories every 3 hours throughout the day until 3 hours before you go to bed. We'll see how I do at this when I'm at PIQF today and tomorrow.

Whatcha Doing Today? Heading to PIQF where I'll be working behind the scenes at the Fashion Show.
What's on TV Tonight? Battlestar Gallactica (yeah, I'm Tivo'ing it).
Steps? 10, 123 on Thursday.