Monday, October 23, 2006

Tale of the Scale

This morning is my third session with Guido (we doubled up last week). We worked on the "core" exercises getting a couple new ones. I need to getting a schedule firmly set in my mind as to when I do core (every day), aerobic (5-6x a week) and weight training (2-3x a week).

My weight this morning: A-ha. Turns out I didn't weigh myself accurately last week, knew it but didn't mention it earlier. Starting weight: 158.5#. Today's weight: 156.5#. I'm down 2 pounds. Guido says most of this can be attributed to eating 300 calories every three hours throughout the day.

Funny thing. It's becoming a habit.

What's my impression so far? I sweat more walking the treadmill than walking the dogs though it's the same pace. Maybe it's the lack of humidity outside vs. inside.

I feel stronger, firmer, better almost all day long after working out. This feeling is what will get me going back.

And a tip: push your shoulder blades together. Do it. Right now. Do you feel more centered, more upright, stronger? Try to remember to do this throughout the day.

STEPS YESTERDAY?13965
CALORIES YESTERDAY?1261
GOOD/BAD DECISION? Good: Went for a 2nd walk in the evening. Bad: fat consumed was higher than goal. But it was good fat (mono-unsaturated).

Whatcha Doing Today? Workout, help the spouser shop for cars, do some prep work for sewing later this week.