Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tale of the Scale: 10/2/07

There was an every so slight weight loss; not enough to actually report on.

In getting ready to go off on my own for 3 months, Guido asked me to come up with a list of questions, which we went over this morning. Lots of workout information out there online; lots of it doesn't apply to me apparently. So we checked form on a few items and he kept emphasizing his: while you are still in your weight-loss phase of exercise..

Just because I can, I went back and found my post from our first workout. It almost exactly a year ago (10.16.06). I spent 10 minutes on the treadmill at 2.5 MPH and a 5% incline and thought that was tough. We did stability moves for the rest of the half hour. I barely had energy to walk to my car, and I was sore for 2 days afterward. I weighed 158.5#.

Now I do 45 minutes on the treadmill hill program at it's highest setting (7-15% inclines) at 3.8 MPH. I've moved on to advance levels of the stability moves and added a few new ones. I've move from using weight machines to using free weights and cable resistance systems. I work out an average of 90 minutes 4-5 times a week, and feel better when I'm done than when I walk in.

I'm still often sore for a day or two afterwards, but I've learned to appreciate the sore. Sore = Strong. And today while we were doing a heavy weight workout, I benched pressed 22.5# (in each hand) for the time ever! I'm anticipating a sore that will hit in about 2 hours and last for a day or so...

I also blog at A Stitch in Time and BlogHer on Saturdays and Mondays.