Sunday, December 30, 2007

Color them Golden and Bright: 50 Things I Love

It's a damp day, so foggy that I've almost lost my neighbor's house. I look outside and feel wrapped in a soft quiet gray blanket. It's almost nice.

And I have a cold.

With so much of the day colored soft and fuzzy, I thought I'd try to shine a bright light in my world. A list of things I love, in no particular order. Color them Golden and Bright:

  • Laughing
  • A face that lights up, happy to see me
  • Mangoes
  • Baseball
  • A bath so hot that my hair sweats.
  • The dogs' excitement at the idea of food
  • Thick, pliable yet smooth hand-made paper
  • Ripe fresh-picked tomatoes
  • Pomegranates
  • Passionate conversations
  • Spell-check
  • Free and easy hugs
  • Any Thai food
  • The steady rhythm of a good walk
  • Coffee
  • Secrets shared
  • A soft breeze blowing on my face.
  • Ocean waves
  • Crispy
  • Joss Whedon's Firefly series
  • The weight of a quilt over me on a cool night.
  • Polar Fleece
  • Bench Presses
  • Appreciation expressed
  • A dog's head resting on my ankles
  • The search for a special item
  • Tivo
  • Pecan pie
  • Strawberry pie
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Positive support
  • Toasted sesame oil
  • Someone else combing/brushing my hair (especially when it was long)
  • Giving shoulder/neck massages
  • Singing
  • Cotton dried in the sun
  • The "thunk" of a ball hitting the sweet spot
  • Vanilla
  • The women at BlogHer
  • Very rare beef
  • Sunshine
  • Jeans warm from the dryer
  • Remote control
  • Life told in stories
  • Photos of the universe
  • The perfect drive: fast and slightly curvy
  • Swinging on a swing
  • Military drill teams
  • Fireworks
  • Lemons
I also blog at: A Stitch In Time throughout the week and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.