Thursday, December 20, 2007

OK, I Am a Native Ohioan...

OK, I am a native Ohioan... and I found most of this way too true!

Jeff Foxworthy on Ohio:

You might be from Ohio if:

You think all Pro football teams are supposed to wear orange!

You know all the 4 seasons: winter, still winter, almost winter and construction.

You live less than 30 miles from some college or university. (Did when I lived in Ohio. Actually, do here, too.)

You know what a buckeye really is, and have a recipe for candied ones. (never knew about candied buckeyes!!)

"Toward the lake" means "north" and "toward the river" means "south." (makes perfect sense to me! When I moved to the bay area, I knew where the water was, but kept thinking bay/ocean = north. I was so screwed!)

You can spell words like Cuyahoga, Olentangy, Bellefontaine, Tuscarawas,
Wapakoneta and you know which letter is doubled in Cincinnati.

"Vacation! " means spending a day at Cedar Point. (I can tell you stories!!)

You measure distance in minutes. (I really do!! Doesn't everybody?!!)

Your school classes were canceled because of cold. (several times!)

Your school classes were canceled because of heat. (not that I recall, but then I'm old! We were tougher then. Or maybe heat is a southern Ohio thing.)

You've had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day. (hey, I do that here in the bay area! Don't tell!!)

You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. For example:
"Where's my coat at?" (yep!)

You think of the major four food groups as corn, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows. (I thought this was folks in Illinois, but maybe it's just smaller farm communities??)

You carry jumper cables in your car. (Again, doesn't everybody??)

You know what 'pop' is.

You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. (My mother did! I'm sure my SILs did)

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow. (Amen!)

The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires six pages for sports. (Again... every paper should! My hometown paper also covered sports... not just local sports!)
I also blog at: A Stitch In Time throughout the week and BlogHer on Mondays and Saturdays.